The Heterosexual Questionnaire was created back in 1977 by Martin Rochlin, Ph.D. to put heterosexual people in the shoes of a gay person for just a moment.
Questions and assumptions made of Gays and Lesbians that are unfair, are reversed and this time asked to the straight people.
- What do you think caused your heterosexuality?
- When and where did you decide you were a heterosexual?
- Is it possible this is just a phase and you will out grow it?
- Is it possible that your sexual orientation has stemmed from a neurotic fear of others of the same sex?
- Do your parents know you are straight? Do your friends know- how did they react?
- If you have never slept with a person of the same sex, is it just possible that all you need is a good gay lover?
- Why do you insist on flaunting your heterosexuality… can’t you just be who you are and keep it quiet?
- Why do heterosexuals place so much emphasis on sex?
- Why do heterosexuals try to recruit others into this lifestyle?
- A disproportionate majority of child molesters are heterosexual… Do you consider it safe to expose children to heterosexual teachers?
- Just what do men and women do in bed together? How can they truly know how to please each other, being so anatomically different?
- With all the societal support marriage receives, the divorce rate is spiraling. Why are there so few stable relationships among heterosexuals?
- How can you become a whole person if you limit yourself to compulsive, exclusive heterosexuality?
- Considering the menace of overpopulation how could the human race survive if everyone were heterosexual?
- Could you trust a heterosexual therapist to be objective? Don’t you feel that he or she might be inclined to influence you in the direction of his other leanings?
- There seem to very few happy heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed that might enable you to change if you really want to.
- Have you considered trying aversion therapy?