I received an email today from Rachelle with whom I went to school many, many years ago. It seems she remembers my sense of humor well.
Students in an advanced Biology class were taking their mid-term exam. The last question was, ‘Name seven advantages of Mother’s Milk.’ The question was worth 70 points or none at all. One student, in particular, was hard put to think of seven advantages. However, he wrote:
- It is perfect formula for the child.
- It provides immunity against several diseases.
- It is always the right temperature.
- It is inexpensive.
- It bonds the child to mother, and vice versa.
- It is always available as needed.
The student was stuck for a seventh useful advantage. Finally, in desperation, just before the bell rang indicating the end of the test, he wrote:
7) It comes in two attractive containers and it’s high enough off the ground where the cat can’t get it.
I heard that he got an A.