- The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.
- The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.
- Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.
- Pathologists yelled, “Over my dead body!” while the Pediatricians said, “Oh, grow up!”
- The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it.
- Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow. The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would “put a whole new face on the matter.”
- The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.
- Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn’t have the heart to say no.
In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in Washington.