I’ve lived in Montreal, Toronto, Goose Bay Labrador, Cape Dyer on Baffin Island on the DEW Line. In my wildest dreams could I have anticipated life here in Cincinnati when it snows! Yes, we have had one or two, maybe three, what I would call serious snow falls in the last SEVENTEEN YEARS, we’ve lived in Cincinnati. When snow is predicted the city enters FULL PANIC MODE and it’s NEWS, NEWS, NEWS, all damned day and into the night.
On WCPO, WC3PO during Star Wars movies (ABC TV) the weather forecaster’s just stay on and preempt network TV.
- First, we hear that there will be snow next week on a day.
- It doesn’t matter which day,
- I’ll call it doomsday for the purpose of this posting.
- Doomsday minus three – The weather reporters are given extra air time.
- Doomsday minus two – Grocery stores attempt to gather stock and get it on the shelves.
- Doomsday minus one – Every friggin idiot in and around head to the grocery store.
- Late on Doomsday minus one – The shelves in the grocery stores are now void of product.
- Doomsday – Schools close, Businesses close, other stuff closes.
- At the end of Doomsday, we had about 1″, maybe 2″ of snow. BIG DEAL