Fucking, a little Town in Austria …
Yes, that’s the town’s name, read this.
The newspaper article below is even funnier than the sign!
- Are the residents called Fuckers?
- And what about the Fucking neighborhood?
- What are the mothers called?
- What would you be learning at Fucking High School ?
- Where is the Fucking Post Office?
- What does the Fucking Hospital help you with?
- And the Fucking drivers!
- If your friend came from another town, he wouldn’t be your Fucking friend.
- Is fishing allowed in the Fucking Lake ?
- We had a wonderful time at Fucking.
- We stayed in a Fucking chalet!
- Fucking needs government funding.
- Does anyone care about Fucking?
To learn a little more, I did an Internet search.
It’s TRUE!!! Here’s more pictures and info….
Now, this one is really good! The sign says ‘Bitte! Nicht so schnell’, which in English translates to, ‘Please! Not so fast!’
From Wikipedia: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking,_Austria)
It is believed that the settlement was founded in the 6th century by Focko, a Bavarian nobleman. The existence of the village was documented for the first time in 1070 and historical records show that some twenty years later the lord was Adalpertus de Fucingin. The spelling of the name has evolved over the years; it is first recorded in historical sources with the spelling as Vucchingen in 1070, Fukching in 1303, Fugkhing in 1532, and in the modern spelling Fucking in the 18th century,which is pronounced with the vowel oo as in book. The ending -ing is an old Germanic suffix indicating the people belonging to the root word to which it is attached, thus Fucking means “(place of) Focko’s people.”
That’s all folks!